Shampoos made with bergamot oil, which is obtained from the skin of a citrus fruit of Italian origin, are widely used to hydrate dry hair, reduce excess oil on the scalp and strengthen hair fibers. They are also excellent lotions to make hair grow much stronger and always look shiny. If you want to take advantage of all these benefits in a more direct way, nothing better than using bergamot oil directly on your hair to completely renew it. In this OneHowTo article we show you all the steps you must follow to apply bergamot oil to hair correctly.
Steps to follow:
The bergamot oil It has many excellent properties for the health of the body, but it is also beneficial for the hair, as it helps to strengthen it, fight excess fat and promote its growth, among many other things. Next, we show you what are all the benefits that this oil offers for take care of hair and the effects that you will quickly notice on your hair if you turn it into a commonly used product:
- Prevents and fights dryness. It has vitamins that hydrate the hair from the roots to the tips, repair damaged parts and prevent the fibers from drying out due to the use of hair lotions, dyes, heat devices, etc.
- Its vitamin C content is perfect for stronger and more resistant hair and a completely healthy scalp.
- Provides a sublime shine to hair, making it ideal for revitalizing and beautifying hair that looks dull, dull and lifeless.
- It is excellent for treating oily hair and improving its appearance, as it helps regulate the production of sebum on the scalp and combat conditions such as dandruff or seborrhea.
- After its application, the hair is much more manageable, soft and disciplined. It is one of the best products that exists to win the battle against frizz and to be able to wear a perfect and beautiful hairstyle throughout the day.
- It is one of the few oils that, after use, does not leave hair clumpy and, on the contrary, it is looser and silkier.
If you want to revitalize your hair with bergamot oil, you will first have to buy it in herbal shops or stores specializing in the sale of natural products. Once you have it at home, you can perform different hair treatments depending on the needs of your hair; Here are some of the straights that offer the best results, depending on whether your hair is dry or oily, has dandruff, lacks hydration, takes a long time to grow, etc.
We start with those dry or damaged manes that show a clear lack of hydration and nutrition, showing signs such as split or brittle ends, frizz, little softness, etc. To end all these problems and provide the hair with the vitamins and nutrients it needs, we recommend a treatment that combines bergamot oil with aloe vera, another great revitalizing product that can be applied to the hair.
- 20 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 12 tablespoons of water
App: In a jar or jar with a lid, add the aloe vera gel, the water and mix both products by shaking the jar vigorously. Then, add the bergamot oil and shake again so that it integrates with the aloe vera. Once you have washed your hair, use this preparation as a conditioner, spreading it over all the strands, including the scalp area. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with plenty of warm water. You can store the bottle in the fridge and use it again whenever you want.
Yes dandruff or excess oil They are visible signs in your hair and you cannot keep it clean and looking good for more than a day, then the solution you need can be found in one of the following treatments:
- Bergamot and thyme oil: It is very effective because to the anti-fat and anti-dandruff properties of bergamot oil, the antiseptic and antifungal action of thyme is added. You just have to prepare a cup of thyme infusion and, when it is cold, add 5 drops of bergamot essential oil. Apply the mixture on freshly washed wet hair and massage the scalp so that the lotion penetrates well in this area. Let it dry and rinse with plenty of water if you prefer, as it is a treatment that does not need rinsing.
- Bergamot oil and apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a powerful bactericide and deeply cleanses the scalp, which is why it is excellent for treating dandruff and reducing oiliness in the hair. First, dilute the apple cider vinegar in the same amount of water, stir, and then add 5 to 10 drops of bergamot oil. Apply the preparation on damp hair after washing it, leave it to act for 20 or 30 minutes and finish by removing it with plenty of water.
In addition to these, there are other natural products that work very well against dandruff and help regulate the production of sebum on the scalp, discover them all by consulting the article How to remove dandruff with home remedies.
Have you been waiting for your hair to grow out for a long time and you don’t see any change in its length? If you are tired of waiting and need fast acting treatment, apply bergamot oil to hair it can be of great help to you. Although in the same way as any other product it does not work miracles, it does promote blood circulation of the scalp and stimulate hair follicles, which makes hair grow faster, with more body and strong. To enhance its effect, we suggest combining it with fenugreek, a herb widely used to stop excessive hair loss and make it grow a few inches quickly.
- 3 tablespoons fenugreek seeds
- 10 drops of bergamot oil
App: Soak the fenugreek seeds in a saucepan with water for 24 hours. After this time, strain the water, add the bergamot oil and stir. On dry hair, pour all the preparation making sure that it is well soaked from the roots to the ends. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and, after this time, wash your hair as usual.
In addition to all the previous hair treatments, you can also use bergamot oil to add softness and shine to your hair when it is dry. After drying and combing it, apply 1 or 2 drops of oil from medium to ends and you will see how smooth and radiant it looks.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to apply bergamot oil to hair, we recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.