One of the biggest concerns for both men and women is losing weight to maintain a more defined figure. However, achieving this goal can be quite complicated, since it involves exercising on a daily basis and consuming healthy, low-calorie foods. Due to this, more and more people are turning to other methods to lose weight such as slimming patches.
The weight loss patches are a product that contain a series of natural compounds and that, when sticking them in areas such as the abdomen, cause a fat burning effect in our body. But, really The patches are used to lose weight? If you want to know the answer, we invite you to continue reading this oneHOWTO article. We explain some aspects of this method to lose weight.
Are patches really useful for weight loss?
Slimming patches are an adhesive product that contains different natural ingredients with slimming properties that accelerate our body’s metabolism to increase fat burning. Many people have started to try these patches, as they are very easy to use and are usually cheaper than other food supplements. But do slimming patches really work?
The answer is not a simple yes or no, since for some these slimming patches do work while some institutions such as the Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition (SEEN) warn that the effectiveness of this type of products lacks any scientific evidence. However, many nutrition experts claim that these patches composed of natural substances they can be a very useful supplement to enhance weight lossas long as they are used in conjunction with a healthy diet and daily exercise. That is, these patches to lose weight (like any other food supplement) do not offer results if we do not follow certain healthy guidelines.
Another aspect that will determine the effectiveness of the patches are their ingredients. That is, we can currently find a wide variety of patches to lose weight, so before purchasing them it is important that you look at those that do not promise to lose weight in a miraculous way but explain all their ingredients and the properties of each of their compounds.
How Slimming Patches Work
Slimming patches are a product that sticks to the skin so that it absorbs the natural ingredients of the patch, which stand out for containing properties that promote weight loss. Inside this product we can also find other varieties such as anti-cellulite patches, patches to slim the abdomen or localized fat in other areas and patches that reduce appetite.
But how does this food supplement work? As we have indicated, its use is very simple, since you will only have to adhere it to the skin, either in the abdominal area or in the area you want to reduce: thighs, back, arms, etc. Once the patch is attached, you will only have to leave it on throughout the day so that it expels the ingredients with which it is composed. Once in the area you want to lose weight, these are the 3 main functions of weight loss patches:
- In the first place, the components that our molecules absorb help to accelerate the metabolism of our body so that in turn the burning of body fat is increased.
- One drawback that can arise as a result of considerably accelerating the metabolism is an increase in appetite. However, another function of the slimming patches is to inhibit the feeling of hunger so that the person who uses them does not eat as much.
- Finally, weight loss patches also help burn carbohydrates so that they do not accumulate in our body and end up turning into fat.
The best patches for weight loss
As we anticipated in previous sections, the effectiveness of this slimming product will be determined by the ingredients of which it is composed. Therefore, below we will explain the compounds that contain the best patches for weight loss:
- Chrome: it is a mineral that has satiating properties, since it regulates the production of insulin generated by the pancreas. As a consequence, chromium reduces the feeling of hunger and therefore helps the person in question to consume less food.
- Garcinia Cambogia: this fruit contains a high content of hydroxycitric acid, which gives it excellent fat burning properties that accelerate the metabolism of our body.
- Seaweed: Due to its richness in iodine, the patches made of algae help to combat the physical fatigue that is usually suffered throughout any nutritional diet.
- Guarana: its high caffeine content (more than coffee itself) accelerates the nervous system and gives a feeling of energy that can be invested in doing more exercise. In addition, it also favors intestinal transit, which prevents some digestive problems such as abdominal bloating.
- Green Tea: it has excellent diuretic properties that help eliminate toxins and accumulated fluids in the body, which is why it is a great product included in slimming patches.
Side effects of slimming patches
The side effects of slimming patches will depend on the ingredients with which the product is composed. For example, if the product is composed of guarana extract, excessive use is likely to cause nervousness, insomnia or palpitations, as it is an ingredient that contains high levels of caffeine. It is also advisable to exercise caution with patches that contain seaweed extract such as Fucus Vesiculosus, since its intake is related to hyperthyroidism (mainly due to its high iodine content).
In conclusion, it is recommended that if you use these slimming patches, you always do so under the supervision of a doctor or a nutritionist who knows your case well and can advise you properly.
This article is merely informative, at oneHOWTO we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Are patches for weight loss?, we recommend that you enter our Family Health category.