When you talk about pimples you always think of facial acne. However, pimples also appear on other parts of the body, the most common being the areas of the chest, shoulders and back. A problem that affects both men and women. If this is your case, surely you have asked yourself on more than one occasion “Why do I get pimples on my chest and back?“In oneHOWTO, we explain the main causes, in addition to telling you effective treatments to end this problem.
Types of pimples that appear on the chest and back
Before addressing the main causes of pimples on the chest and back, it is important that you know that there are different types of grains. In general, they can be classified into two large groups.
- Pimples: they are the most common and are the typical granites. Their appearance is like the pimples on the face. You will easily recognize them by that white head that stands out due to the sebum and that is accompanied by a certain red area around it. Its size may vary. Some are very small because the follicle is not very irritated and there has not been much inflammation, while at other times they are larger and contain more sebum.
- Mud: These pimples are also common on the face, as well as on the neck, back and shoulders. They have in common with pimples the inflammation of the area in which they appear, although they differ from them in that their content is pus and not sebum or fat.
Causes of granites according to the area of appearance
To know why pimples appear on the chest and back it is important to know the causes. Obviously, one of the main ones is that don’t take good care of your skin do not provide enough hydration and nutrition or never exfoliate. However, on some occasions, there may be more than one factor that favors its appearance, even simultaneously on the chest and back. They are causes that are not always related to hygiene and personal care:
- You follow a nutrient-poor diet that are key for the skin such as vitamin C or antioxidants, for example
- You make digestion bad because toxins are not eliminated well and remain in the body longer.
- You eat foods with too many spices, condiments or heavily processed.
- You have hormonal changes
- You use very tight clothes or unnatural fibers that make it difficult for the skin to breathe
- Anxiety and stress: appear with nervous states due to problems or living tense and stressful situations continuously or that have had a significant psychological impact.
- Another cause is the cystic acne, which occurs when the granites appear in large quantities and are very marked.
Natural treatments for pimples on the chest and back
In addition to the topical treatments prescribed by a specialist, at home you can follow another series of tips with natural products that will help alleviate the discomfort of pimples on the chest and back, apart from helping them to disappear more quickly and not appear as often.
The solutions are multiple, but among the most effective are:
- Tea tree oil: it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Precisely, the latter is especially important so that infections do not occur. Its use is simple. Simply take an oil that is good for the skin like almond or jojoba to use as a base and add a few drops of tea tree essential oil. You apply this mixture directly to the pimple area.
- Apple vinager: This product is very effective because it helps to cleanse the skin and, consequently, to eliminate impurities such as pimples. These properties are possible due to its acidic pH. The application can be done on the area with the help of a cotton soaked in this vinegar or in a solution prepared with this product mixed with water in equal parts.
- aloe vera: This plant is always very beneficial for the skin, but even more so when you have pimples. And it is anti-inflammatory and very moisturizing. With its application, you will notice some relief, especially if you have pimples or the surrounding skin that is very red and irritated. Aloe vera can be applied directly to the area either with creams that contain it or by cutting a piece of a leaf of the natural plant to pass its liquid through it.
In this other oneHOWTO article we will discover the best home remedies for pimples on the back.
Tips to prevent pimples on the chest and back
If you get pimples on your chest and back on a regular basis, it is important that you introduce into your day to day a series of basic and preventive care to avoid their appearance:
- Follow one balance diet, that is rich in fruits and vegetables and low in fat and processed foods
- Bathe every day with natural or neutral soaps. That is, they do not use scented formulas or that contain ingredients that can further irritate the skin.
- The exfoliation it should be part of your body hygiene routine. Why? The answer is simple: exfoliating removes impurities and dead skin cells, which can clog the pores of the dermis, making it easier for pimples to appear.
They are explanations and guidelines that we hope will answer your question of why do pimples appear on the chest and back. From unCOMO, we recommend that you always go to a doctor to consult the problem and prescribe the most suitable treatment.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why do I get pimples on my chest and back – causes and solutions, we recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.