The appearance and good health of the hair are some of the key elements to project a good image, however, many times we do not give it the care it needs, either due to lack of time or knowledge. In addition, many shampoos on the market can damage our hair considerably and there are more and more products that appear made based on natural remedies as substitutes.
One of these is chili shampoo, which promotes hair growth and nourishes hair tissues. So that you know more about this alternative for hair care, in this oneHOWTO article we will explain what is chili shampoo for and how you should use it safely. Take note!
What is chili shampoo for
Chili is known for being a very spicy edible ingredient, however, it not only has culinary uses, but in recent years it has become an ideal natural remedy for the care of our hair. The chili has cleansing and antioxidant properties, which is why it is present in many products designed to heal, strengthen and stimulate the growth of our hair.
Where are the benefits of chili shampoo really found? An active component of chili is the capsaicin, which favors the blood flow of our hair and activates the hair follicles, responsible for hair growth. The benefits from chile shampoo more important are as follows:
- Accelerates hair growth, because the chili provides oxygen to the hair follicles and makes the hair grow faster. This is one of the main reasons why people choose to use this shampoo.
- Avoid hair loss, since the chili stimulates the circulation of the scalp and increases its firmness.
- Strengthens brittle hair, since the chili provides the necessary nutrients to stay strong and healthy.
- Prevents dandruff and removes oil from hair, thanks to its antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Provides volume and smoothness to hair if applied properly.
- The chili contains vitamins A and C, which not only prevents dry hair, but also helps achieve excellent shine and hydration.
Learn more tips to grow hair quickly in our article How to stimulate hair growth.
Is it advisable to make homemade chili shampoo?
Wondering how to make homemade chili shampoo? The first thing you should be clear about is that although it is possible to make this shampoo yourself, it is not recommended. Chili is still a very spicy ingredient that, if not used in the right amounts, can cause a lot of itching and burning on the scalp.
If you look at it, all the chili shampoos on the market are made from very little chili and higher amounts of rosemary and hawthorn, among other substances. These plants have numerous properties that also help to promote the opening of the capillary pores, so they are also beneficial for hair growth. Taking this into account, we see that it is not that chili is a miracle ingredient to grow hair, but that it is the mixture of it with other ingredients that achieves good results. In addition, these plants help decrease the unpleasant smell of chili, which is very strong and penetrating.
So, from UNCOMO we recommend that before you start learning how to make homemade chili shampoo you try to try one of the products sold in specialized stores. These shampoos, tested under dermatological control, are essential to see if this product really works for you.
How to make homemade chili shampoo
If you have already verified that chili shampoos work for you but it is difficult for you to find this product and / or you prefer to learn how to do it at home, prepare the following ingredients:
- A cup filled to the top of normal shampoo and, if possible, natural.
- 1 green or serrano chili.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary infusion.
- A glass or plastic container.
- A blender.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, it will be time to follow these simple steps:
- You will only need half of the chili, so cut it up and extract the seeds.
- Cut the half of your choice into small pieces.
- Put the chili pieces in a blender along with the normal shampoo, the teaspoon of olive oil and the tablespoons of rosemary infusion.
- Blend well and, once everything is blended, pour the contents into the container and store it in a cool place until you want to use it.
- When you go to wash your hair, apply the homemade chili shampoo on your damp hair and massage in a circular motion to stimulate the follicles.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes, then rinse your hair with plenty of warm water.
We recommend using the homemade chili shampoo some 2 times per weekAlthough, of course, it will depend on the condition of your hair and the results you see.
Other things to keep in mind
To finish and that you can enjoy all the benefits of chili for hair, we leave you some recommendations and tips to keep in mind:
- If the smell of chili is too strong for you, you can use an aromatic conditioner for your hair after the treatment. You can also wash your hair with rosemary water and thus take advantage of the benefits of rosemary for hair.
- It is important to be careful with your eyes and mouth when applying this shampoo, as it can cause stinging.
- If this is the first time you use it, make sure you do not have negative reactions by applying a small amount of this shampoo to a small region of the scalp and waiting 15 minutes.
- This natural remedy should not be abused so as not to damage the hair.
- This shampoo has astringent effects and is not recommended for very dry hair, as it can dry out even more. Discover here How to make homemade shampoo for dry hair.
If you want to read more articles similar to What is chili shampoo for, we recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.