Have a open wound It is normally a cause for concern, mainly because the skin is an organ that protects us from microbes. When the skin is broken, as in the case of surgery, germs can enter and cause different types of infections. If you have had to undergo surgery and want to know which ones are the best remedies to heal surgical wounds, we encourage you to continue reading the following oneHOWTO article to discover how to heal quickly and avoid any complications.
Types of wounds and complications to heal
Wounds can come in various forms: they can be smooth or rough, superficial or deep. When talking about a deep wound, tendons, ligaments, nerves, muscles, blood vessels or bones can be affected.
Regardless of the reason for the injury, healing is a fundamental part of the healing process, but there are several factors that cause complications in healing, slowing down the process:
Between the factors affecting healing we can recognize the age of the affected person. With advancing age, blood circulation is often compromised, so the cells carry less oxygen, which is necessary to heal the wound. In addition, with age, the tissues begin to lose tension and elasticity, which complicates the healing process.
It does not occur in all cases, but many drugs secrete corticosteroids (anabolic steroids with similar effects to hormones). Among some of the effects of anticoagulants and anti-inflammatories are presented, which delay the healing of tissues.
Stress and anxiety
In today’s society it is not unusual to suffer from stress. This common disorder is usually accompanied by a reaction from the body, through which the body releases corticosteroids naturally. In addition to the above, these substances affect the functioning of cells, causing healing to be delayed.
Healing wounds with garlic
We can support the healing process, using everyday products for them. Garlic has excellent antibacterial properties, making it ideal for healing wounds such as scrapes and sores, thus protecting the wound from infection.
For using garlic as a healing remedy, it is necessary to crush 3 garlic cloves in a cup and add wine. Proceed to process the mixture and let it rest for 2 hours. Then apply to the wound (previously clean and dry), letting it take effect for at least 20 minutes, without prolonging it for a longer time as it can cause irritation. Apply 2 times a day.
In this other OneHowTo article we discover foods that help you heal.
Onion to heal wounds
The onion has the same components and properties as garlic, but in this case, the onion does not cause skin irritation.
To prepare this healing remedy, start by adding half a cut onion into a food processor, along with a couple of tablespoons of honey. The application of this remedy should be done on the wound and let it rest for at least 1 hour, repeating the healing at least 3 times a day.
Aloe vera, ideal for healing
Another of the remedies to heal surgical wounds it is aloe. We all know the wide range of properties that aloe vera has, and among them, its healing properties stand out. Aloe vera is an excellent natural healing which also stands out for its excellent properties to cure burns.
To use aloe vera for heal surgical woundsYou should take a stem of aloe vera and cut it in half. Squeeze the waist and extract the gel, you can place it in a container to have stored for later.
Proceed to apply the gel directly to the wound, let it absorb and take effect. You can apply several times a day, quickly noticing relief and the wound will close quickly and without risk of infection.
In this other article we discover that aloe vera removes scars and because.
Honey to heal
Honey is another of those products that we can have at home and that have excellent healing properties. When honey is applied to the wound, it has a dehydrating effect on microbes, leaving the skin clean and free from infection.
To use this home remedy, you must apply a little honey on the wound (previously cleaned) and retain with a sterilized gauze, allowing it to absorb for about 30 minutes.
In this other article we tell you how to use honey to heal wounds.
Enhance skin with white or lemon vinegar
You can use the vinegar or lemon like others remedies to heal surgical woundsEspecially due to its acid content, it helps to eliminate the presence of microbes, drying the wound and allowing the healing process to begin.
What you should do is put 1 tablespoon of white or lemon vinegar along with 1 liter of water. You will use this mixture to clean the wound, eliminating bacteria and promoting healing, it is important to note that when applying (and due to the acidic properties of these products) it may sting a bit, but do not worry, it is normal.
Homemade smoothies to heal wounds
In addition to the home remedies that exist to heal surgical wounds, we can also resort to the consumption of delicious smoothies that complement the healing process due to their excellent nutritional contributions. Among the natural ingredients of these preparations we can find a wide variety of natural fruits, these fruits provide excellent contributions in vitamin A, C and Zinc, which are essential for the body to produce collagen that is used to heal wounds.
On the other hand protein consumption is necessary, which are also essential in the production of collagen, so that the consumption of milk, soybeans or soybeans, nuts, eggs, chickpeas, lentils and oats allows to have the raw material that the body needs to heal any type of wound.
Among the most popular shakes that provide excellent contributions to a body that needs to heal a surgical wound, we can recommend:
- Papaya with blueberries: Blend half a cup of papayas with 1 full glass of blueberries, to the mixture we add 1/2 glass of mango juice and 1/2 glass of natural yogurt. For the consumption of this smoothie it is advisable to drink it daily on an empty stomach.
- Papaya with peaches: Start by putting 1 cup of papaya in a blender along with a cup of pitted peaches, pour the juice of 2 oranges and 2 peeled carrots and proceed to blend. The result of this mixture will be thick and should be consumed naturally immediately.
- Melon with carrot: Take a melon slice along with half a cup of carrot juice, half a cup of orange juice and half a cup of lemon juice. It is advisable to drink this smoothie daily while the wound is healing.
- Strawberries and oranges: Put half a cup with strawberries in the blender, pour over it 1 glass with orange juice and half a cup with guava juice. To consume this smoothie it is recommended to mix well beforehand and drink it during breakfast.
- Kiwi and yogurt: Finally, and to drink every day helping your wound to heal, proceed to liquefy two previously peeled kiwis with half a cup of natural yogurt, add 2 tablespoons with honey to the mixture. This drink is advisable to consume every day while the wound is healing.
This article is merely informative, at oneHOWTO we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Surgical wound healing remedies, we recommend that you enter our Healthy Life category.
- Tobacco use causes poor circulation, which delays healing. If you have the habit of smoking, it is advisable to reduce the number of cigarettes per day if you have to undergo surgery, starting with this reduction at least a couple of weeks before, otherwise there may be problems healing the wound.