Sometimes the simplest things are what everyone likes the most, both young and old. This is the case of the tuna salad. During the hottest months, a tuna salad can become the best meal, not only because of its lightness, but also because it is very refreshing. However, there are as many tuna salads as people and tastes.
We will choose a very simple dish in terms of ingredients and preparation, although full of flavor and nutrients. In this oneHOWTO article we tell you how to make tuna salad with basic ingredients, inexpensive and full of benefits for our health. Write down the following ingredients and learn how to prepare a tuna salad.
Steps to follow:
The first step in making tuna salad is to get a good tuna canned in oil or glass jar in oil. In the market you can find a wide variety of types of tuna, so you can get the one that best suits your tastes and your pocket. Once you have it, you must strain the tuna to remove excess oil, which we can take advantage of for other recipes. In this way, we will prevent the salad from having too much oil.
Crumble the tuna with the help of a fork and place it in a bowl. Then start adding the fresh ingredients. Cut the onion sweet in small cubes and add it to the bowl. If you don’t want the onion flavor to predominate, you can leave it in warm water for a few minutes to release a bit of heat.
Wash the coriander well and chop it very fine with the help of a knife or scissors. Add it, also to the bowl to give more flavor to the tuna salad with mayonnaise. Turn all the fresh ingredients to mix well before adding the sauce.
You can start to dress the salad. First, add the mayonnaise. The correct measure is usually four tablespoons of the mayonnaise of your choice but you can play with the amounts depending on your taste. If you have not drained the oil well, it can be a bit greasy when it comes into contact with the mayonnaise. If you want to get a creamy and pleasant texture on the palate, the tuna must be dry when mixed.
When we have a mixture with consistency and with the ingredients well integrated, we can add the Dijon mustard, controlling well so that there is not a very strong flavor. After, add the lemon to add a citrus and fresh touch, perfect for hot weather or light lunch.
The tuna salad recipe is almost ready. We would only have to dress it with a pinch of salt and pepper ground and try until we get the flavor that we like the most. If you wonder how to make a good tuna salad, a good dressing is always the answer.
Finally, serve the tuna salad with mayonnaise and enjoy this refreshing dish. One of the most common ways to consume it is as a starter or for a snack meal, accompanied by bread or, preferably breadsticks.
Now that you know how to make tuna salad, try these other salad recipes:
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make tuna salad, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.
- The most recommended thing for this salad is to use a canned tuna arranged in flakes, not crushed, since, if not, we will have a very pasty texture and we will not feel the tuna when chewing.
- Dijon mustard can taste very strong and even spicy depending on its brand. Taste it before making the tuna salad to calculate the proportions.
- This type of cold dish can be more forceful than other types of tuna salad (with lettuce, tomato, etc.), but it is ideal for the hottest months due to its seasonal ingredients, its simplicity and its freshness, favoring a lighter digestion that allows you to continue with your day.
- If you want a healthy and lighter tuna salad, use a light derivative of the mayonnaise you want to consume, which you can easily find in the supermarket.
- We can use this tuna salad as a spread for our toasts, as a side or as a dressing for some other dish. The trick is to play with the proportions of each dressing until you get the type of tuna salad you prefer.