Acne is a very common skin condition in puberty, but it can also appear in adulthood and in most cases it is the result of hormonal imbalances in the body, such as those that occur during pregnancy. or the menstrual cycle. When acne is hormonal in origin, it usually manifests as deep, cystic pimples that are quite sensitive to the touch, most often seen on the cheeks and along the jaw line. In addition to starting a dermatological treatment if acne is very pronounced, it is also possible to combat it through some natural treatments and good hygiene care. Pay attention to this oneHOWTO article in which we reveal how to remove hormonal acne naturally.
Causes of hormonal acne
In many cases, the main acne trigger is a hormonal imbalance in the body, which commonly happens in some specific stages of our life and, among other symptoms, can cause the appearance of pimples and blemishes. Let’s see next when this type of acne is usually more frequent:
- Puberty: stage in which many hormonal changes take place and, consequently, the skin secretes a greater amount of fat. The pimples appear more frequently in the T zone of the face, which is where there are a greater number of sebaceous glands.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, the female body undergoes important hormonal changes and these can increase the production of the sebaceous glands and lead to acne breakouts, in addition to other changes in the dermis, such as spots and stretch marks.
- Menstruation: You can observe the appearance of pimples in the jaw and chin area, which happens because during the days that the period lasts, the hormones act directly on the surface of the skin.
- Stress: Stress acts directly on androgen hormones, causing increased sebum production and inflammation of the sebaceous glands.
- Taking of oral contraceptives.
- Suffering from some hormonal disorder specific, such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Cleaning and hygiene of skin with acne
Before resorting to any natural hormonal acne treatment, it is very important that you pay attention to proper skin cleansing to prevent breakouts from getting worse due to excess oil or dirt. There are some basic rules that should be taken into account when clean acne face, and these are the following:
- Cleanse the skin of the face 2 times a day, one in the morning and one at night, to remove all accumulated dirt and grease, as well as traces of makeup.
- Use the right products for cleaning: in case of pronounced acne, an anti-acne lotion recommended by the dermatologist should be used; if acne is milder, a specific cleansing gel for oily or acne skin, oil-free, water-based, alcohol- and fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic may be beneficial.
- There are natural soaps which are also a good option to wash the face with acne, such as green tea, oatmeal, green clay, coconut, tea tree or aloe soap. In the following article we show how to make homemade acne soap.
- Always use warm or cold water, especially avoiding hot water.
- Always remove the cleansing lotion with water.
- Pat the skin dry and never by roughly rubbing or rubbing the towel against the face.
In addition to this, if you usually use makeup, we recommend that you also take into account the tips that we indicate in the article How to apply makeup if I have acne, so you can look more beautiful and keep your skin healthy at the same time.
Fight hormonal acne with aloe vera
One of the best remedies to remove hormonal acne naturally is the use of aloe vera or aloe on the affected skin. The benefits of this plant to cure this skin condition are extensive and, among them, its astringent, regenerative and astringent effects stand out. This translates into a reduction of fat in the skin, a faster reduction of inflammation of the pimples and the repair of damaged tissues, also preventing the appearance of scars or marks.
You only need a little aloe vera gel, either extracted directly from an aloe leaf or from a lotion purchased at the pharmacy, and apply it on well-cleaned skin with acne, leaving it to act for at least 20 or 30 minutes.
Evening primrose oil, regulates hormones
Evening primrose oil is, without a doubt, one of the great natural products that women can use, especially to fight hormonal acne. The reason is that this oil has many benefits for female health, including those related to hormonal regulation. Thanks, mainly, to its content in linoleic and gamma-linoleic acid It allows regulate the hormonal system and it is an excellent natural treatment to alleviate and improve the symptoms of PMS and menopause, in addition to helping to regulate irregular menstruation. It also highlights its anti-acne action, reducing the excessive production of sebum, reducing the inflammation of the pimples and preventing the appearance of new impurities.
You can apply evening primrose oil on the skin directly or dilute this liquid in your usual anti-acne cream to enhance its effects. Another option is to incorporate evening primrose oil capsules into your regular diet; the general dose ranges between 4 and 8 grams daily divided into various doses, although it is always recommended that you follow the instructions on the package insert or the guidelines of your doctor or nutritionist. In the following article you can see in more detail How to take evening primrose for acne.
Tea tree oil, great antibacterial and antiseptic
It is also possible to use as natural treatment for hormonal acne the tea tree oil, which has powerful antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and healing properties. In fact, it offers incredible results in the cure of this condition, which can be compared to those of many dermatological lotions. It prevents bacterial growth on the skin, unblocks pores, reduces swelling of pimples and allows damaged skin to heal and heal much faster.
Dilute about 5 drops of tea tree essential oil in 1/2 cup of water and when the mixture is ready, apply it to well-cleaned skin with the help of a cotton pad. Let the product dry on its own overnight. The next day, rinse with plenty of warm or cold water.
Green tea, excellent natural antibacterial
If we talk about natural remedies for hormonal acne, we cannot fail to mention the Green Tea, since this popular infusion also exerts a great antibacterial action when applied to the skin, in addition to promoting the regulation of hormonal activity and preventing imbalances from occurring in the production of the sebaceous glands, thus keeping the skin free of pimples. and other imperfections.
You just have to prepare an infusion of green tea and wait for it to cool. Then, apply it on the areas with more pimples using a cotton pad. If you add 1 small tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to this infusion, you will increase its effectiveness.
Honey lemon acne mask
There are also good homemade masks that you can prepare yourself with simple ingredients to eliminate hormonal acne naturally. In this case, we suggest the one made from honey and lemonas both are good anti-acne products. Honey deeply cleanses the skin, reduces impurities and provides hydration, while lemon is a great natural astringent that reduces oil, dries pimples quickly and prevents acne marks.
Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1/2 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply to clean skin, leaving it to act for 30 minutes.
Discover more recipes like this by consulting the article How to make homemade masks to treat acne.
Brewer’s yeast, natural hormonal regulator
Brewer’s yeast is perfect for eliminate hormonal pimples and win the battle against this skin condition once and for all, because its benefits are twofold. On the one hand, it is very rich in zinc, which is a mineral that helps regulate the hormonal system and that contributes to the synthesis of hormones such as thyroid, progesterone and testosterone. On the other hand, it has interesting properties for the skin, as it is regenerative and helps the skin to completely renew itself from its innermost layers.
You can include brewer’s yeast in your diet as a natural supplement by acquiring the capsules available in pharmacies or herbalists, or by purchasing it in powder form and adding it to your recipes.
On the other hand, you can make a homemade anti-acne mask by adding 2 small tablespoons of brewer’s yeast in 1 cup of boiling water and adding about 10 drops of …