One of the health alterations that children show the most, especially from 2 months to 5 years, is diarrhea. Although in babies it can be more difficult to diagnose, since stools in the first months of life are very frequent, one can speak of diarrhea in the case of very frequent and excessively liquid stools.
There are various remedies that can be purchased in a pharmacy, but you can also choose to go to more natural treatments, in the event that the diarrhea is not serious and does not present any type of complication or other symptoms that may be alarming, in which case a pediatrician should be consulted immediately so that he can diagnose and begin treatment instantly. For the above cases, in a HOWTO we explain some home remedies for diarrhea in children.
Why diarrhea occurs in children
There are several causes for the child to suffer from diarrhea. The main causes of diarrhea are:
- By a virus or bacteria that affects the intestinal tract.
- For any type of intolerance to any food, such as dairy products.
- For any food allergies.
- It may be the indication that the child is celiac.
- It can be a side effect of some medicine.
- For food poisoning.
- For some modification in his diet, if the child is small.
In any case, the most important thing in case of diarrhea is keep the child well hydrated, since a dehydration picture can occur very easily. That is why the continuous administration of fluids is essential, in addition to using the home remedies that are explained below.
Infusions for diarrhea in children
One of the most popular home remedies is to use herbal teas to combat diarrhea in children. There are two main recipes for it.
Remedy for diarrhea in children with chamomile
For the first needed:
- A glass of water
- A tablespoon of honey
For its preparation, Do the following:
- First heat the water enough so that the chamomile can release its color.
- Then add a teaspoon of honey.
- Give the child the infusion to drink once or twice a day, depending on how he is feeling.
Remedy for diarrhea in children with lemon, grapes and honey
For another remedy that also includes:
- Lemon juice
- The juice of 8 grapes
- Half a liter of mineral water
- A tablespoon of honey
- a pinch of salt
To prepare it, all the components must be mixed in the water until they are well diluted. It will be administered in small shots throughout the day.
Attention: babies with diarrhea
In the event that your son or daughter is a baby under one year old, we advise you to go to the pediatrician before providing anything on your own. Babies tend to have underdeveloped digestive systems, so some foods could harm them.
Carrot to cut diarrhea
Another food that is also highly recommended during periods of infant diarrhea is carrots. It is highly recommended take it in the form of a soup.
- For this, 500 grams of carrots will be used, which will be cut very finely and cooked in water.
- They will then be passed through a food mill to achieve that type of consistency.
- The carrots will be added to a liter of water, obtaining a soup that will be administered in three takes throughout the day.
Apple for diarrhea
The apple also has properties that help to combat the diarrheal process, since they are a very advisable remedy to reduce the dehydration problems.
For this remedy you need:
- 2 apples
- Half a liter of water
- A teaspoon of honey
- First the apples are washed and peeled and boiled in a pint of water for half an hour.
- Then the liquid obtained will be strained and the teaspoon of honey will be added.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, it will be administered to the child in small doses throughout the day.
The apple is also ideal if you do not know how to stop diarrhea in one-year-old children.
Yogurt for diarrhea
Yogurt is the most effective home remedy in the event that the diarrhea has been caused by side effects of an antibiotic treatment. It may be given to the child up to three yogurts throughout the day, as they contain beneficial bacteria that help restore intestinal flora damaged by antibiotics.
Before giving the yogurt it is very important to know that the diarrhea is caused by a treatment with antibiotics and that a possible lactose intolerance is totally ruled out.
You can also add some yogurts special probiotics for diarrhea. They can be found in any pharmacy and help to repopulate the bacterial flora.
If you liked this article on home remedies for diarrhea in children, you may also be interested in this other article on How to cure diarrhea in children.
This article is merely informative, at oneHOWTO we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for diarrhea in children – very effective, we recommend that you enter our Family Health category.