Plaques in the throat should be treated with antibiotics whenever they are caused by an infection. These cases are easy to identify, since the person who suffers from them usually has a bodily discomfort caused by fever. However, plaques in the throat are no longer a concern if they are not accompanied by a fever, since they are not caused by an infection. Despite this, it is important to cure them by opting for one of the different home remedies. And even so, it is essential to go to a medical specialist to follow the correct treatment and can offer you a solution to cure the plaques. To discover what are plaques in the throat and how to cure them, learn to identify them and the time they take to disappear, at OneHOWTO we recommend that you continue reading this article.
What does it mean to have plaques in the throat
Plaques of pus in the throat are white patches appearing in different areas of the mouth and throat. These plaques arise from the action of fungi, accumulated debris, viruses or bacteria that spread through the mucous environment. When the plaques spread through the tonsils, viral tonsillitis occurs, as long as they contain pus. They can also spread on the palate, pharynx, larynx, or tongue. Among the most common complaints of sore throats with pus are fever and sore throat.
A pus-filled throat is a very common problem in children, since it is a group that easily puts toys and dirty objects into their mouths. Fortunately, infectious cases are remedied by antibiotic treatments recommended by doctors: they rarely cause more severe difficulties. Although you should always take into account the doctor’s treatment, since they will be in charge of offering you the best solution.
How to tell if I have plaques in my throat
Plaques of pus in the throat can be easily identified. Just you need to know the symptoms of tonsillitis:
- Difficulty and pain when swallowing: the initial itching in the throat increases with the passing of the hours. You will have difficulty swallowing saliva without pain, so you will need to see a doctor urgently.
- Fever: appears in infectious cases, that is, in which the plaques are caused by an infection. They are very common and require immediate treatment.
- Spots in the throat: they are white and help to recognize the appearance of plaques in the throat.
- Earache: viral load plaques cause pain in the jaw and in the ears.
- Swollen glands: if you press them lightly and they hurt, it will mean that they have become inflamed. These should be felt under the chin and jaw, just like behind the ears.
- Inflammation of the tonsils: they have a very intense red color and have white spots.
- Coughing, excessive sweating, the appearance of red dots on the tongue and bad breath are other symptoms to identify if you have plaques in the throat.
How to remove plaques in the throat
Plaques in the throat without fever have a different cure than those that do produce fever. The former, that is, those that do not cause fever, are caused by a cold and do not need medical treatment to be eliminated. Keeping rest, warm and caring for the throat or gargles with an antiseptic rinse are enough basic remedies.
Others home remedies to relieve symptoms and to end the plaques in the throat without fever are the following:
- Eating soft and / or cold foods such as ice creams, yogurts, taking smoothies, among others, relieves pain by numbing the throat.
- Hot liquids like soups and teas.
- Gargle of hot water with salt.
- Avoid eating hard foods that scratch the throat such as toast, crackers, or dry cereals.
- Increase the humidity of the home, dry air tends to irritate the throat with plaques.
- Avoid a great load of stress at work, sleep and rest well so that the body has strength and attacks the infection.
- Do not force your voice or shout so that the swelling in the throat can be reduced.
- Take pain relievers that help relieve a sore throat and are available over the counter in pharmacies, such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
However, in addition to following all the home remedies discussed above, plaques of bacterial origin usually cause fever and require a medical consultation to determine the most effective antibiotic to eliminate them completely. Under no circumstances should you try to remove or touch the plates, as you will cause the opposite effect and spread them to other areas.
If you want to know how to relieve a sore throat with baking soda, Do not miss this article.
How long it takes for plaques in the throat to disappear
Although the vast majority of cases have a positive prognosis, the appearance of plaques in the throat should be treated immediately. With a rapid diagnosis and adequate treatment under medical prescription, disappear within 7 to 10 days. For the diagnosis to be correct, you should have a sore throat and oropharynx scan shortly after the common symptoms of tonsillitis develop.
Another reason why plaques in the throat need to be treated and removed quickly is to avoid massive contagion. Tonsillitis is acquired or contracted through the air through sneezing or coughing. Also by direct contact, whether intimate, of contaminated objects or saliva. The incubation of the disease is changeable: it can occur in 12 hours or reach 5 days after infection. In order not to put your closest environment at risk, follow the recommendations set forth and, above all, see a doctor if you have a fever by the appearance of plaques in the throat.
If you wonder how to avoid having angina, This article is for you. We provide you with some tips to strengthen the immune system and thus avoid the appearance of angina. Keep reading!
This article is merely informative, at oneHOWTO we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to What are plaques in the throat and how to cure them, we recommend that you enter our category of Family Health.