A recurring goal for anyone can be to exercise and make it a habit to be healthier. Either for aesthetic or health interests, physical exercise rather than an imposition is better viewed as a healthy habit with many benefits. However, taking the first step is usually complicated, especially when you want to start doing sports after a long time without having done it or even if you have never exercised frequently.
To help you put your doubts aside, at UNCOMO we offer you several tips for you to discover how to start doing sports. So, if you want to know how to start training and make it a habit, read on and discover the keys to achieve it and enjoy it.
Set your realistic goal
If you want to start exercising from 0, the first thing to keep in mind is that you have to set a goal, that is to say, mentalize you if you really want to exercise and what goal do you want to achieve with that. Of course, you must set plausible goals so that you do not experience disappointment or a feeling of failure that will make you give up exercising.
If, for example, you set a goal to lose 10 kilos in a month, it is probably not a realistic goal. When you start exercising, you have to be realistic with your aspirations. Instead of losing a certain number of pounds to lose, focus on simply exercising to look and feel better. In this way, the results will be easier to achieve, you will avoid imposing unnecessary pressure on yourself and you will lose the overweight that you are in a healthier way.
Don’t exceed your limit
To be clear about how to start exercising from zero or if in your case you want to start doing sports with obesity or some other health problem, it is vital that be aware of your physical condition and that you talk to your doctor about what may be the best rhythm for you, and even ask what type of sport or exercises you need. Your health is first and foremost and if you want to see optimal and lasting results, adjusting the sport to each phase of your evolution will be the best. Likewise, it is just as important to know how and when to start doing sports after childbirth and, therefore, we recommend talking about it with your doctor to be safe and take care of your health.
When exercising, the idea is to work your muscles consistently and avoid extreme fatigue. You should make sure to establish a functional rhythm, with a intensity level according to your strength and endurance. When you start exercising, the frequency with which it is done is vital. Therefore, it is very important that you can exercise about 4 or 5 days a week, with training days of 30 minutes. However, this time can be divided into intervals at your convenience. The important thing is that the type and intensity of the exercise is set by you and you start with something affordable for you in your current state and increase it as you need and progress.
Start with easy exercises
Many think that the gym is the solution to start exercising. Of course, in the gym you will have trainers and specialized machinery to help you get in shape, but if you really want to take the first step, at home you can make a difference.
When you have not exercised for a long time, your body will not support too much physical demand, so you must be very careful not to injure yourself and select the exercises you do well. To start exercising from 0 you can focus on 3 types of aerobic exercises, that is, low intensity exercises to control your breathing and improve your physical condition:
- Cardio: these are exercises that will help you raise your heart rate and control your breathing. Some simple examples are walking fast, going up and down stairs, running, or cycling. If you want to know more examples, here you can see more Cardio exercises to do at home.
- Flexibility: these exercises aim to improve your mobility, activating all your muscles. Examples of this are stretching, jumping and striding. Here you can see more Flexibility exercises.
- Strength: with these exercises the goal is to gain muscle strength, using body weight as an ally to improve resistance. You can start with exercises like squats, triceps dips, planks, crunches, and push-ups. In this post we explain how to start doing push-ups.
Design a fun routine to start training
If you still wonder how to start exercising to lose weight and be healthierThink that it is essential to design a functional exercise routine adapted to your physical aptitudes. The idea is have a good time doing sports and not to set efforts superior to our strength and physical resistance, where exercise becomes a real torture.
Here is an example of exercise routine to start doing sports That can be quite fun, although you can adapt it, so that you can start exercising at home. If you enjoy training, it will be much easier to adopt exercise as a habit.
- Clear the area where you will be exercising and put on music to cheer yourself up.
- To warm up your muscles, start with a series of stretches and stretches.
- Continue the warm-up with classic squats, lunges, and jumps, with 3 sets of 10 reps each. Rope jumping can be a more fun variant.
- Follow up with 5 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of jogging for cardio.
- Alternate with variants such as going up and down stairs or cycling. Another fun option is to do a few minutes of dancing or zumba.
- Top off your routine with push-ups or push-ups and bicycle-style crunches, with 3 sets of 15 repetitions each. Remember to do as much as you can in each of the exercises, it is not necessary to complete all the series and repetitions at once; each day you will be able to do a little more.
So that you have more exercise ideas to start doing sports, here we leave you an exercise routine for beginners at home.
Improve your diet to start exercising
Whether you focus on how to start exercising from 0 Or, for example, in how to start exercising at age 50 or over, you must be clear about the vital importance of diet. If you consume excess fat and do not hydrate properly, for example, it will be very difficult for you to be able to exercise frequently.
Therefore, you must be clear about what foods to consume if you really intend to exercise. It is not a matter of establishing a strict diet to lose weight, but in eat well to have enough energy and of the appropriate type during each training so that the physical work is beneficial for the organism. We recommend you follow these tips to improve nutrition:
- Eat breakfast foods rich in vitamins, iron and fiber (fruits, cereals, whole wheat bread …).
- Eat lunch foods rich in protein, vitamins and minerals (eggs, vegetables, lean meats, cereals …).
- At dinner, likewise, opt for foods rich in protein and vitamins, such as meat, fish, and salads.
- Take advantage of snacks after exercising to eat fruits, yogurts and natural juices.
- Hydrate well during the day. It is best to drink water, but you can also drink it with infusions, teas and broths.
- Avoid excessive frying and junk food.
- Bet on cooking more and buying less convenience food.
Find out more about the Diet to start exercising here.
Get into the habit of exercising
Not only do you have to adopt the habit of doing sports, but also discard sedentary habits. If you want start doing sports at home, in the gym or on the street and make it a habit, we recommend these tips:
- Set a training schedule that fits your daily routine to match it as well as possible.
- Prepare a space in your house to exercise.
- Select easy-to-do exercises to avoid injury and frustration when starting out.
- Start small, with simple routines that allow you to do, on average, 30 minutes of physical exercise a day.
- Forget about excuses and perceive your time to play sports not as a punishment, but as a reward for your body and your mind.
Reward your effort
After each training day, you can reward your effort. How to do it? Giving yourself a treat, eating something delicious and also healthy. A fruit salad, a smoothie, a yogurt, a fiber biscuit … Any of the options of healthy foods that you like it will be good to fill your stomach and reward you deservedly for having met your daily exercise goal.
You can look for more ways to reward yourself, according to your tastes, and make some exceptions, but remember to ensure that they are not habits that lead you again to follow a line of sedentary lifestyle and poor diet.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to start playing sports, we recommend that you enter our Fitness category.