Does your neck have darker areas and are you ashamed to show it off? Do not worry, because with some simple remedies you will be able to reduce those spots and regain beautiful and unified skin. The spots on the neck can appear for several reasons, but among them, being exposed to the sun without previously protecting the skin and aging are the most common. The neck is an area that we often forget, but to keep it always beautiful and young it is also important to take care of it in the same way we do with the face, for example. In the following oneHOWTO article, we are going to offer you some natural solutions so that you know how toHow to lighten dark neck fast and you can show off this area of your body again without any complex type. Take note!
Why do dark spots appear on the neck
When spots appear on the skin it is due to a excess melanin, which is the pigment responsible for giving color to the dermis and protecting it against the sun’s UV rays. If the production of melanin accumulates in certain points and is not balanced, spots appear that can present different colors and symmetries, although dark ones are the most common.
There are several factors that can favor the appearance of dark spots on the skin of the neck, such as prolonged sun exposures, the natural aging process, hormonal changes, the use of some aggressive cosmetic products, taking medications, etc.
It is important that the appearance of dark spots is due to a medical cause, consult with the dermatologist and follow all his instructions. Likewise, when the spots are located on the neck, it is important to rule out the suffering of a skin condition called acanthosis nigricans or pigmentary, which manifests itself with small dark spots in the folds of the neck, armpits, groin, hands, feet or knees and with thicker, velvety and rough skin. It is produced as a result of high levels of insulin in the body and is more common in people who are overweight or obese, have hormonal problems, are taking some medications or have stomach, colon or liver cancer.
Exfoliates the skin of the neck
For home remedies for dark neck lightening to be more effective, the first thing you should do is exfoliate the skin on your neck. With this task, you manage to eliminate all the dead cells accumulated in the area and make it easier for the treatments that you apply afterwards to penetrate the skin much better, thus providing it with greater whitening.
You can exfoliate with a commercial exfoliating product or use a homemade one made with natural products, such as one made with sugar and olive oil. In the following article you can see how to prepare these and others homemade scrubs for the face. You will only have to wash the area and apply the scrub on the moistened skin of the neck, making circular and gentle massages for a few minutes. Then rinse the area with plenty of water and pat dry.
Lemon and yogurt to remove neck stains
Both lemon and natural yogurt are two natural products with important whitening properties. Lemon contains vitamin C and this helps to inhibit the production of melanin, thus reducing dark spots and making the skin look whiter. Yogurt, for its part, has a whitening effect thanks to the lactic acid it has, it is also a great natural moisturizer and moisturizer, so it will not only help you lighten dark neck, but will also bring you hydration and softness to your skin.
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 natural yogurt
- Cut the lemon and squeeze it to obtain its juice.
- In a bowl, add the natural yogurt and add the lemon juice.
- Mix both ingredients until combined.
- Apply the mask obtained on the dark neck and let it rest for 20 or 30 minutes.
- After that time, remove with plenty of cold or warm water.
It is important that just after performing this treatment, you do not expose your skin to the sun, as new spots could appear from the lemon. It is best that you do it at night before going to sleep.
Aloe vera cream and rose water to lighten the neck
Another natural option for remove brown spots on the neck and get a more beautiful and uniform skin is this homemade cream of aloe vera and rose water that we propose. The reason is that aloe allows to eliminate the accumulation of melanin in the skin and attenuates existing spots, in addition rose water is a product that acts against aging and can be very useful to prevent other signs of aging.
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 5 or 6 drops of rose water
- In a bowl, add the aloe vera gel. You can use the one that is extracted directly from the aloe leaf or a pure aloe gel sold in health food stores.
- Add the rose water and stir until you get a consistent cream.
- Spread the cream on the skin of the neck and leave for 20 minutes.
In case you want to make rose water yourself, you can consult the article How to make rose water at home.
Oatmeal, honey and milk to whiten the neck
The combination of these three ingredients results in one of the best existing remedies for lighten dark neck fast and restore lost hydration and radiance to the skin. Oatmeal acts as a good exfoliant and bleaches the skin thanks to the starch it contains. On the other hand, milk also lightens stains due to lactic acid and is very moisturizing just like honey.
- 3 tablespoons ground oats
- 3 tablespoons of organic honey
- a jet of cold milk
- In a bowl, first mix the ground oats with the honey until you get a consistent paste without lumps.
- Add a jet of cold milk to the previous mixture and stir again.
- Apply the preparation obtained with the help of a cotton pad. Wipe it all over your neck and let it sit for about 30 minutes before washing the area.
Aspirin mask to lighten neck skin
Did you know that aspirin can help you whiten neck skin without damaging it? That’s right, this popular headache reliever medication removes dark spots from the dermis thanks to salicylic acid, which allows to exfoliate the skin and whiten it.
- 3 aspirin
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- Crush the aspirin into a fine powder.
- Mix the aspirin with the bicarbonate and yogurt in a bowl.
- Squeeze half a lemon and add the juice to the previous mixture.
- With the help of a cotton pad, apply this mask on the stained neck and leave for 20 minutes.
Rinse the neck with baking soda and lemon
This is one of the most popular treatments for lighten skin, and is that the combination of bicarbonate with lemon provides us with a exfoliating formula which is capable of removing dead cells, reducing dark spots, unifying skin tone and preventing the formation of new spots. It also cleanses the skin and prevents the appearance of impurities.
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 5 drops of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Squeeze the lemon juice and mix it with the baking soda in a bowl.
- Add the water and stir again until the paste obtained has no lumps.
- Spread the baking soda and lemon mask on the dark neck and leave for 20 minutes.
- After that time, remove with plenty of water and that’s it!
This treatment is also ideal for acne, discover all its benefits in the article Bicarbonate and lemon mask for acne.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to lighten dark neck fast – very effective treatments, we recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.