Is your hair dry and damaged, making it look dull and rough? If you are looking to avoid cutting your hair and find effective, natural and inexpensive ways to improve the health and condition of your hair, then surely you will be interested in knowing some of the best natural remedies for dry and damaged hair. The natural products that you will easily find at home and that are the most recommended to repair damaged and dry hair are avocado, egg and honey, among others. If you do not want to cut your hair but you need to repair it urgently, do not hesitate to continue reading this oneHOWTO article in which we detail several recipes of the best homemade masks for dry and damaged hair.
Mask for dry hair with egg and honey
One of the best options among the homemade creams for dry and damaged hair It is undoubtedly the one that has two very common ingredients in the home and very effective to care for hair; we are talking about the egg and honey. On the one hand, the egg has very nourishing and moisturizing properties that serve to repair damaged hair fibers, making it grow strong, nourished, and shiny. On the other hand, honey, thanks to its composition, helps us to deeply cleanse the scalp, give shine and softness and, above all, it hydrates, nourishes and protects hair. So, this is one of the best treatments for dry and damaged hair and to do it you just need to follow these steps:
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of natural honey
Preparation and application
- Mix the two ingredients in a large bowl until they are well combined and there is a uniform and thick cream or paste.
- Dampen your hair with water and apply this dry hair mask all over your hair, making sure to cover everything well.
- Let it act for 30 to 40 minutes and remove the mixture by washing your hair with your regular shampoo.
You can make this mask between 2 and 3 times a week and if you have a lot of hair or you have it very long, then double the amounts indicated before.
Avocado and banana mask for dry and damaged hair
To continue explaining to you how to make homemade masks for dry hair We are going to show you an ideal recipe for this problem with two very healthy fruits used in beauty routines, avocado and banana. If you want to make a treatment for dry hair and frizzy Avocado becomes one of your best options since it offers great nutrition, hydration, vitality and shine to dry and damaged hair, thanks to the vitamins, minerals and fatty acids it contains. Banana is also perfect for nourishing, repairing and hydrating hair fibers, so it should be part of the masks you use to care for damaged hair. So, to prepare this banana and avocado mask for dry and damaged hair, follow these simple instructions:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
Preparation and treatment
- Peel the fruits, remove the pit from the avocado and mix the pieces well in a large bowl.
- Add the almond oil, also very moisturizing and repairing, and continue mixing until you have a smooth paste.
- With your hair a little moistened, apply this mixture to all your hair, but avoid touching the scalp if it is oily.
- Allow it to act for 20 or 30 minutes and remove with plenty of warm water, using your usual shampoo.
You can do this mask 1 or 2 times a week. From the first application you will notice that the avocado and the banana have left your hair much softer and repaired and that after a few weeks of using this mask your hair grows strong and healthy, which is why it is also considered one of the best hair loss treatments.
If you want to discover more avocado masks for dry and damaged hair, this other article will surely interest you.
Olive oil mask for dry and frizzy hair
Without a doubt, one of the best homemade masks for dry, damaged and dull hair It is the one that includes olive oil, one of the most used natural ingredients for offering very deep hydration and nourishing the hair fibers. Thanks to these properties, this natural oil helps to repair damaged and dry hair. Thus, if we combine it with aloe vera or aloe vera, other ingredients included among the best home remedies to hydrate hair and to repair it, we will achieve a spectacular and very fast result. Write down these simple guidelines to make this hydrating mask for dry and frizzy hair:
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel or the pulp of a leaf
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation and application
- Scoop out the pulp from the aloe leaf or prepare the indicated amount in a large bowl or container.
- Add the olive oil, keep in mind to add more of each ingredient if you have long or abundant hair, and mix well until it is uniform and with a texture between gel and cream.
- Dampen your hair a little and apply the mixture all over your mane.
- Allow it to take effect for 20 minutes and remove it with plenty of water and your shampoo.
Use this mask for damaged and dry hair 2 times per week and you will see that your hair is more nourished, soft, shiny and healthy after just a few applications.
Coconut oil and honey mask for dry hair
Finally, another of the home remedies for dry and damaged hair that you can not miss is the one that is made with coconut oil and honey. This organic oil helps to repair the ends, combat dryness of the hair, control frizz and give shine to our hair, while honey, as we have already seen, will provide a lot of hydration and nutrition while it helps us exfoliate the scalp. Follow these steps to prepare this coconut oil and honey mask for dry and damaged hair:
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Preparation and treatment
- Heat the coconut oil you are going to use a little, since it hardens when cold.
- In a bowl or large container add the two ingredients, increasing the amounts if you need it.
- Mix well until the two ingredients are well integrated to form a uniform cream or paste.
- Apply this mask to your moistened hair and let it work for 30 minutes.
- Remove with plenty of cold water and wash later with your shampoo to finish removing the remains.
Use this mask 2 or 3 times a week and you will notice good results from the beginning. We do not recommend that you use it more times a week, much less daily, because it could make your scalp greasy.
Choose the homemade mask that you like the most and say goodbye to dry and damaged hair!
If you want to read more articles similar to Homemade masks for dry and damaged hair, we recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.