Do you want to get rid of dark circles in an easy and totally natural way? Are you looking for homemade ways to improve the skin of your face or your hair? Coffee and honey are some of the best natural ingredients that will help you achieve these goals to have a more awake and radiant face and spectacular hair. For one thing, coffee has incredible properties to remove trapped fluid under the eyes, exfoliate the skin, and stimulate hair growth. On the other hand, honey purifies, hydrates and clarifies the skin and also deeply nourishes and hydrates the hair.
For all this, in this oneHOWTO article we are going to explain what is the coffee and honey mask for and how to make it with different recipes depending on what you want it for. What are you waiting to try it?
What is the coffee and honey mask for – properties and benefits
We started by talking about the doubt of what is the coffee and honey mask for and we explain the properties and benefits of these two natural ingredients for skin and hair:
Properties of coffee for skin and hair
Coffee is a natural product widely used in cosmetic treatments, whether ground or liquid, and thanks to its composition full of antioxidant vitamins, minerals and, above all, full of caffeine, it is a perfect ingredient to treat both the skin like hair. Specifically in the case of natural treatments for dark circles, coffee is a highly sought after product because it has ideal properties to make tired eyes disappear.
Caffeine is ideal for reactivate blood microcirculation, helping to stimulate the elimination of retained fluid that darkens some areas, such as dark circles, and making the natural tone of the skin recover and look more radiant. For this reason, coffee is considered an element that deflates, decongests and stimulates blood circulation in the skin of the face, significantly improving its appearance. In addition, this natural product, which contains antioxidants, is perfect for preventing premature aging and, therefore, ideal as an anti-aging product to prevent the appearance of fine lines and crow’s feet. For the same reasons, the coffee for eye bags and to gently exfoliate facial skin.
Properties of honey for skin and hair
For its part, honey is also one of the most used foods in cosmetics, either on the skin or on the hair. Thanks to its composition, natural honey is perfect for deeply hydrate, clarify, purify and exfoliate the skin and, in addition, due to its antibacterial properties it is also widely used to heal small wounds and to treat acne, as well as to aid in healing. All this makes honey an ingredient that cannot be missing in a natural treatment to eliminate dark circles, as it will improve circulation and the condition of the skin by deeply hydrating it and helping to lighten its dark tone while cleansing the face, allowing other products, such as the coffee in this combination mask, to act on all layers of the dermis . Learn more about what are the benefits of honey for the skin in this other oneHOWTO post.
Besides, the honey for hair it is also very beneficial. This natural product deeply hydrates the hair fibers and gives them shine, cleanses and purifies the scalp and, in addition, can lighten the hair a few tones if it is used regularly.
Coffee and honey mask for dark circles – step by step recipe
Now that you know what these foods can do for your skin and to restore luminosity to your face by ending dark circles, we explain everything you need to know to make and apply a coffee and honey mask for dark circles:
- 3 tablespoons of natural honey.
- 2 tablespoons of ground coffee or coffee grounds (you can also use half a cup of liquid coffee).
Preparation and treatment
- Prepare the coffee, whether you prefer to use it liquid or well ground or the coffee grounds for dark circles.
- In a large container pour the coffee and add the natural honey.
- Mix well until you see a very uniform mixture and that the coffee is well integrated with the honey.
- Cleanse your face to remove traces of makeup and impurities that prevent the mask from working well.
- Carefully and with your fingers or with the help of a facial brush, apply the mixture to the contour of your eyes, taking care that it does not get into your eyes, if it does, wash with plenty of water.
- Let it act for 20 minutes and remove the mask with plenty of cold water.
You can apply this mask for dark circles 2 times per week at the beginning and after a short time you will see that with once a week or a couple of times a month you have enough. This mixture is also perfect to use on the rest of the face as a coffee mask for acne and face, managing to significantly reduce this problem and thoroughly cleaning the skin.
If you are interested in this mask to illuminate your eyes, we also recommend you consult these other articles on How to remove dark circles with coffee and How to make homemade masks for dark circles.
How to make a coffee and honey face mask
For this face mask we recommend that you add lemon to the mixture. This citrus fruit is a well-known home remedy to lighten the skin and unify the tone, eliminating spots, exfoliating and reducing the liquids retained under the dermis. So, combining these three ingredients to prepare a cream or mask to remove dark marks under the eyes or to clean and unify the appearance of the entire face is, without a doubt, one of the best options. This is the recipe to make a coffee, honey and lemon face mask:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of ground coffee or grounds.
Preparation and application
- Prepare the lemon juice and coffee.
- In a large bowl, mix the three ingredients in the amounts indicated. You can use a glass container with a lid to store the mixture in the fridge and use it more times, but we recommend making the right amount, which you can fine-tune as you use this mask, so that every week you do the mixture again.
- Mix all the ingredients well until they are well integrated.
- Clean your face of makeup residues and possible dirt from the environment and apply the mask all over the skin, taking care that it does not get into your eyes.
- Allow the ingredients to work for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse your face with plenty of cold water to remove all traces.
You can apply this natural mask 2 times per week And you must be careful not to expose yourself to direct sunlight while wearing it because the lemon would act stronger and could slightly burn the skin and stain it.
After trying this recipe, we also encourage you to discover this other that you will find in this article on How to make a honey and lemon mask for the face.
How to make a coffee and honey face mask for acne
If you want to use the coffee and honey mask for your face but you have acne, first be sure to talk to your doctor to see if it suits you, because depending on the condition and severity of it, it may be more or less beneficial to apply these ingredients of this mode. If you have mild acne or your doctor has recommended the application of some natural products, such as these, take note of this recipe. To the mixture of honey and ground coffee we are going to add a few drops of essential tea tree oil. This oil is a very effective natural product to help heal acne and for infections, both bacterial, fungal or viral, so if the pimples ever get infected you can also apply a little of this product. To make a coffee and honey mask with tea tree oil follow these directions:
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of ground coffee or its grounds.
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
Preparation and application
- In a bowl, combine the honey and coffee and stir well until you get a uniform paste.
- Add the 5 drops of tea tree essential oil and mix everything well again so that the ingredients are integrated.
- Make sure to clean your face of possible dirt from the environment, or makeup if you were wearing it, and apply the mask all over your face, making sure that it does not get into your eyes, and making sure that acne pimples are well covered.
- When applying it, you can do a gentle circular massage so that the products are better absorbed and the coffee particles have a slight exfoliating effect. Above all, do not squeeze so as not to hurt the areas affected by acne.
- Allow the mask to work for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse your face with plenty of warm or cold water to remove all traces and wash with your usual soap for acne or a neutral soap and rinse again with cold water.
- Pat yourself dry with a clean towel, never rubbing.
You can use this mask once a week, although the rest of the days you apply other acne treatments, as long as your doctor considers that they are compatible.
Here you can learn more about How to use the …