Neem, also sometimes called the village pharmacy, is basically a medicinal plant in all of its parts, including its seeds, leaves, flowers, roots, fruits, etc. However, its benefits are not only bound to the medicinal uses since the neem powder extracted from the neem tree is equally beneficial for both skin and hair. If you want to know more benefits of neem powder, we have them all covered for you.
What is Neem Powder?
Neem powder is basically made from fresh neem leaves, which are sun-dried for almost two days to get all the moisture dried and then ground using a blender. The outcome is a fine powder that can be stored in an airtight container and used for different beneficial purposes, from medicinal use to skin and hair care.
How to make Neem powder?
If you don’t want to buy neem powder and want to try making it yourself at home, here are few simple steps that you need to follow:
- Collect few fresh neem leaves and put them out in the sunlight.
- Make sure the moisture is completely gone, and the leaves are totally dried and crispy when touched.
- Put the crispy and dried leaves in a blender and grind them until a fine powder is formed.
- Store this powder in an airtight container for future use.
Benefits of Neem Powder:
Since the use of neem powder is not only bound to medicinal purposes, here are a few of the benefits of neem powder for hair and skin:
1. Helps in tackling blackheads and whiteheads
The neem is also known for working as an exfoliating agent, which is extremely useful for shrinking pores. Say goodbye to white and blackheads on your skin because the neem powder will pull out all the impurities and tighten the pores present on your skin.
All you have to do is mix two tablespoons of neem powder, add a little water to make a paste that is not too runny, and add a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this paste on your face and wash it off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
2. Helps in fighting dandruff
The neem hair pack made from the neem powder does not only help in treating dandruff but is also exceptionally good for dry scalp and reducing scalp itchiness. To make an anti-dandruff neem pack, all you have to do is to take three to four tablespoons of neem tree powder and add water until a fine paste is formed, and apply it on your scalp for 40-50 minutes. After the time is completed, wash off the neem pack using a shampoo.
3. Promotes Hair health
Neem tree powder for hair also helps in improving overall hair health by treating the dandruff issue, cleansing the scalp, conditioning hair, reducing lice problems, and also strengthening the hair follicles. It also helps in adding shine and volume to the hair. The regular use of neem hair packs using neem powder will help promote hair sustenance and grow the hair stronger and longer.
4. Improves skin health
The antibacterial effects of the neem powder are exceptionally good for treating skin issues like acne, blackheads, scars, etc. The neem powder comes with natural moisturizing properties that help in nourishing the skin cells and treating the skin dryness along with restoring the pH of the skin. This exceptional powder also works as an amazing toner and revives freshness and youthfulness, thus improving the skin’s overall health.
5. Cleanses Skin
The neem is super rich in antibacterial properties, which makes it a great cleanser and helps in reducing acne and pimple breakouts. It is also very helpful when it comes to cleansing the excess oil and dirt deeply from the skin pores. You can directly use neem leaves by boiling them in half a liter of water until they turn green and use them as a skin toner. You can take cotton dabs to apply this toner to your skin.
6. Nourishing Face Pack
The neem can also be used as a nourishing face pack because it greatly helps treat mild skin problems like skin rashes, irritation, burns, and other infections because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is also useful when it comes to nourishing dry skin. You can make a nourishing face pack by taking equal amounts of neem powder and sandalwood powder and adding rose water to it to see great results.
Neem Powder – The Henna Guys:
With all the benefits that neem powder has to offer, we at The Henna Guys have come up with a 100% organic neem powder conditioner that is super beneficial for your hair. Here is what our neem powder is good for:
- It will help in conditioning your hair.
- Our neem powder conditioner is also good for strengthening the hair follicles.
- It is also useful for adding volume to the hair.
- Neem powder will also help in protecting your scalp from any kind of damage.
- It is also exceptionally good when it comes to soothing the frizz of your hair.
Ways to Use Neem Powder – The Henna Guys:
There are two ways you can use our neem powder. Here is how you can use it:
With Henna Mixture:
For better results of henna dye, you can add neem powder with it. All you have to do is add two tablespoons of our neem powder to the henna mixture that you have made and apply it to your hair exactly as you apply the henna mixture.
Neem Powder is a Hair Mask:
You can also use our neem powder conditioner as a hair mask for your hair. All you have to do is to follow these simple steps for best results:
- Take a small amount of neem powder and mix it with slightly warm water to make a paste.
- Mix it to form a paste, and then apply it to the roots of your hair.
- Leave this paste on your hair for around 20 to 30 minutes to get the best results.
- Once the time is completed, rinse your hair thoroughly so that the whole paste is completely removed.
- To see the best results, you can apply this paste to your hair twice a week.