The famous actress named Frances McDormand was born on June 23, 1957, under the sign of Leo. She has lived with her parents until she is of age, and after graduating from Yale University of Drama in 1982, she decides to start her acting career with her future husband, Joel Coen.
Her debut has been marked by the film “Easy Blood”, and in the Frances she played a woman harassed by criminals, and it has been this that has triggered many opportunities such as films, TV or commercials.
In the following years Frances has participated in cult films such as “Dark Man” and “Short Cuts”. And it has been in 1996 that she has increased her popularity for three different roles: in “The two faces of truth” or in “Lone Star” and “Margue Gundarson de Fargo”, and that is how she became a candidate for the Golden Globe.
She has continued to perform roles and projects, and in 2000 she played Sara in “Young Prodigies,” as well as Elaine in “Nearly Famous,” a estranged hippy whose son accompanies a musical group on tour. It is in the following year when Frances was again under the orders of her husband in “The man who was never there”, where she put herself in the shoes of Doris.
Later in 2003 she premiered “When you least expect it”, where she became Zoe, with whom she appeared at the Berlin Festival in 2004, in an edition in which Frances participated as a member of the jury. The following year, in 2005 she obtained her fourth Oscar nomination for In the Land of Men by playing Glory, a working woman, active in the union, and who was respected among her male chauvinists who harassed her best friend.
- 1984 Easy Blood
- 1987 Arizona Baby
- 1988 Mississippi Burns
- 1990 Death among the flowers
- 1990 Hidden Agenda
- 1990 Darkman
- 1993 Short Cuts
- 1994 Beyond Rangoon
- 1996 Lone Star
- 1996 The two faces of the truth
- 1996 Fargo
- 1997 Road to Paradise
- 1997 Madelaine
- 2000 Young Prodigies
- 2000 Almost Famous
- 2001 The Man Who Was Never There
- 2003 When you least expect it
- 2003 The Street of Temptations
- 2005 In the Land of Men
- 2005 Aeon Flux
- 1988 Oscar for Best Supporting Actress Mississippi Burning Candidate
- 1996 Oscar for Best Actress Fargo Winner
- 2000 Oscar for Best Supporting Actress Nearly Famous Nominee
- 2005 Oscar for Best Supporting Actress In the Land of Men (“North Country”) Candidate
- 1993 Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress Cross Lives Winner
- 1996 Golden Globe for Best Actress – Comedy or Musical Fargo Nominee
- 2000 Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress Almost Famous Nominee
- 2005 Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress In the Land of Men (“North Country”) Candidate
Screen Actors Guild
- 1996 Best Actress Fargo Winner
- 2000 Best Supporting Actress Nearly Famous Nominee
- 2005 Best Supporting Actress In the Land of Men (“North Country”) Candidate