Have pimples appeared on your ears and you don’t know how to get rid of them? Pimples are small acne bumps that appear on the skin and are characterized by a black head. Although these small pimples usually appear on areas such as the face, neck or back, it is also possible that they can occur in the ears due to poor hygiene, excess acne or as a result of hormonal changes.
Unlike the other areas we have listed, the task of properly removing blackheads in the ear area can be quite difficult. That is why in the following oneHOWTO article, we explain how to remove blackheads from ears through a series of tips and home remedies. Take note!
Clean the ear before removing pimples
Before trying to impulsively remove pimples that you may have in your ears that may cause the purulent material of the granite to spread, it is important that you focus on performing a deep cleaning of the ear area. This step is essential, on the one hand, to prevent these blackheads from reappearing and, on the other, so that when you remove them there will not be any signs or scars afterwards.
For clean the ear area properly, it is recommended that you follow these steps:
- Apply a gel to clean the area well: with the help of a cotton swab apply the product on the pimples of the ears, let it act for a few minutes and then, with a cotton pad or gauze moistened with warm water, remove the remains . To finish, pat the area dry with very gentle movements with a clean towel.
- Apply a specific pharmacy lotion for pimples: these types of products have antiseptic properties that help reduce these types of blemishes. Apply a small amount (about the size of a pea) to each ear, if you have these pimples in both ears.
- To finish the cleaning, apply a moisturizer to hydrate the area where the pimples are.
Steam baths to facilitate the removal of pimples from the ears
Another way to facilitate the removal of blackheads from the ears is through steam baths. This technique is effective, since the steam achieves open skin pores and, therefore, that when removing the pimple we completely eliminate the purulent material.
To open pores and properly remove blackheads, we explain step by step how to do a steam bath:
- First, take a pot and fill it with water and then put it on the fire. You can also add a few drops of sage or peppermint essential oil, since they are plants indicated for acne skin.
- Remove the pot before it reaches boiling point and wait a bit so you don’t burn yourself with it.
- Cover your head with a clean towel and bring your face close to the pot (without touching it) so that the steam will permeate your skin.
- You must be in that position for 5-10 minutes for the pores of the ears to open completely.
How to remove blackheads from your ears
After both cleaning and steam bathing, removing blackheads from your ears will be a bit easier, as the bump will be softer. Even so, it is important that you take great care during its disposal and that you have the following materials on hand:
- Blackhead tweezers or double prong extractor
- Cotton swabs and compresses
- Antibacterial soap
- Specific antiseptic lotion for pimples and pimples
How to remove pimples from the ear step by step:
- First of all, clean your hands well, since it is one of the areas where bacteria spread the most. To do this, use antibacterial soap and a little water.
- Open the antiseptic lotion and fill the top of it with the liquid. Now dip a cotton swab in the lotion and apply it on the black pimples of the ear to disinfect the area.
- In the same lotion, also sterilize the tweezers to remove pimples by wetting their tips.
- To remove the bump, put the center of the ring of the double-ended extractor and press down on the pimple very gently until the blackhead or head pops out of the skin. Do not press hard, as you could cause an infection in the wound.
- When the blackhead of the pimple has come out, remove it with a compress soaked in hot water.
- In the event that you have bled a little in the extraction process, run a compress or a bit of cotton over the wound to absorb the blood, since it could contain purulent material and, as a consequence, spread it through the area.
- Finally, dip another cotton swab in the antiseptic lotion and rub it over the area where the pimple was to disinfect the area again.
In the event that you present a pore or black point inside the ear, that is, in the internal auditory canal, it is best to see a doctor so that it can be removed in a medical consultation.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to remove blackheads from your ears, we recommend that you enter our Weight and Body Image category.