The paste It is a homemade pasta that is used as a adhesive or glue, especially for the realization of Crafts how can they be piñatas. There is no single way to make paste, as you can use different ingredients to make it, although the most common recipe is one for which you will only need flour and water. The end result is a highly resistant mixture with which you can join materials such as paper and cardboard, although it does not work with plastic.
It is very useful and fun for activities and crafts with children, since it is a homemade glue non-toxic, inexpensive and very easy to do. Therefore, in this oneHOWTO article we tell you step by step how to make homemade paste and the best recipes to prepare it.
How to make paste with flour
If you don’t have any ingredients at home other than flour and water, don’t worry, it’s enough to prepare a good resistant paste. We recommend you use wheat or rye flouras it dries less and absorbs water better. For this homemade glue you will only need to follow this proportion:
- 1 cup of very hot water
- 3 tablespoons flour (should not be precooked)
- Cold water
- 1 spoon of sugar
To prepare the paste and use it to glue paper, cardboard, papier-mâché, or other craft supplies, follow these steps:
- Mixture the flour with cold water, you must add enough liquid to moisten all the flour and leave a considerably runny paste. To avoid lumps in the paste, sift the flour.
- Put water in a saucepan or some other container and put it on the fire.
- Pour in the flour mixture in hot water, stir constantly and bring to boiling.
- When you’ve gotten it to thicken let the paste cool. You can also add a tablespoon of sugar to get a harder consistency.
- If you need it, you can also add some Colorant to the paste so that it acquires the tone that you like the most or the one you need for your projects.
If you made more paste than you needed, you can store it in the fridge in a tightly covered container for a week.
How to make paste for piñatas
One of the most popular uses for this preparation is paste for cardboard or cardboard piñatas. It is used to glue the pieces of paper together and create the entire cover of the piñata that you can later paint or decorate as you like.
To make paste for piñatas you can use the recipe that we shared previously or prepare a paste with cornstarch or cornstarch in case you don’t want to use gluten-containing products. If you want to make the paste with cornstarch, these are the steps you will need to follow:
- Add around a cup of cornstarch or whatever you consider necessary in a container.
- Add hot water little by little until a liquid mixture forms, but a little thick.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar to make a stronger homemade paste.
- Let cool and that’s it!
When you are going to use this homemade paste on the piñatas, remember that you will need to apply at least 3 layers of paper so that, when it dries, the piñata is solid and resistant. Discover all the steps to make a homemade pinata and simple with recycled materials in our article How to make a piñata.
We also recommend you to know more details about How to make paste with cornstarch or cornstarch with this other post.
How to make paste with glue
Finally, we want to give you a recipe to make a super strong paste. It is the classic paste by Art Attack, the Disney television show for which he has become very famous. In this case, you can do the paste with resistol (it is quite strong) or any other type of white glue. To do it, follow a 1: 1 ratio, that is, use the same amount of white glue and water to prepare it. Follow these steps to get your homemade glue ready to use:
- Pour the glue into a container.
- Add the water little by little and mix the paste with a brush.
- Continue until you finish pouring all the water and you will have a liquid glue mixture that you can use to glue paper, cardboard or other materials.
If you accidentally spill some of the glue, we recommend you visit our articles How to remove glue from wood and How to remove glue from clothes.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make paste, we recommend that you enter our Art and Crafts category.
- Prepare only the paste you need, since this paste will keep for a few days.