Our body is a very precise system that has highly developed processes that allow us to stay healthy day after day. We have a lot of bones, of muscles and of course also of various organs that are essential for the proper functioning of our body and therefore for our well-being.
Buthow many organs does the human body have and which are they? In this OneHowTo.com article we will explain it to you in detail. Discover with us why our body is so wonderful.
How many organs do we have?
The human body has 21 organs, these are:
- The ears
- The eyes
- The heart
- The scam
- The liver
- The kidneys
- The pancreas
- The penis in the case of men
- The testicles, also male
- The clitoris in women
- The uterus, also female
- The bladder
- The bones
- The muscles
- The skin
What are the organs?
An organ is considered a body tissue group that fulfill a certain function in our organism. The organs are part of an apparatus or system, within which they will all perform a common function, however the same organ can be part of two different apparatus or systems.
The bodily appliances are:
- The cardiovascular system, made up of the heart and blood and lymphatic vessels.
- The digestive system, in charge of processing the food we eat and converting it into molecules that our body can assimilate. The tongue, stomach, liver, pancreas, and spleen are part of this system.
- The excretory or urinary tract, responsible for discarding toxins and substances that the body does not need through urine. The kidneys and bladder are part of this apparatus.
- The locomotor apparatus, made up of the skeletal, articular and muscular system that thanks to the nervous system allow our movement. Bones and muscles are the organs that make it up.
- Reproductive system, made up of the sexual organs. In the case of the man it is the penis, the testicles and the urethra while the woman has the clitoris and the uterus.
- Respiratory apparatus, includes the organ and the systems we use to breathe. The lungs are the organ that makes up this apparatus.
What is the body’s largest organ
The largest organ in the human body and also the most visible is the skin. Composed of the hypodermis, the dermis and the epidermis, it has an average extension in adults of 2 square meters and a weight of around 5 kilos, without a doubt it is very large!
This is in charge of important functions such as:
- Protect the human body from external aggressions.
- Secreting various substances to maintain the correct balance of the body.
- Regulate our body temperature through sweating.
- Facilitate the elimination of toxins also through sweating.
If you want to read more articles similar to How many organs does the human body have?, we recommend that you enter our category of Training.